WHAT IS SPECIAL ABOUT THIS TRIP:
We aren’t joking, we are taking you skiing on Sicily’s famous volcano. Mount Etna [3329m] is the most active volcano in Europe and almost every year produces some spectacular eruptions. The beginning of March is historically the best time to find fresh snow on Etna. We will be taking lifts to get us to around 2000m altitude and from there we will be ski touring to reach the ultimate skiing spots. The consistent slopes of the volcano makes it ideal terrain even for less experienced off piste skiers. If the snow conditions won’t allow much skiing then we will take e-bikes and take a trip up to the crater itself. Mount Etna is a huge playground for daily adventures and the skiing can be amazing but it isn’t as reliable as the Alps..Skiing is the plan but we have plenty of fun alternatives lined up for all eventualities.! What is guaranteed is that Marco and his crew will guarantee a true 360° adventure. There is so much to do in Sicily and in a week we can only scratch the surface. On top of that, the traditional AlpineItaly welcoming spirit will make this a week to remember! Ale cannot wait to take you there, and immerse you in the adventure of a lifetime!
- Volcano guide and professional ski instructor
- 5 days of ski touring, (if the snow conditions aren’t ideal the guides might suggest to have a day on e-bikes along the Volcano trails)
- 1 day boat trip
- B&B at the foot of Mount Etna with breakfast “della mamma”
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED:
- Personal travel insurance
- Lunch and drinks
- Return transfer from Catania airport
- Lift pass (we will buy it locally when needed)
- Lift pass insurance (not available with lift pass purchase)
LIFT PASS PRICE:
Volcano Etna pass.
Adult price: £20 per day
LIFT PASS INSURANCE PRICE:
To Catania Airport (Italy). Please get in touch with us if you need any advice when booking your flight.
We will organise a transfer from Catania airport, EasyJet and BA flies to Catania from most UK airports. We will be waiting at the airport from 16.00 on Sunday 31st February – and one of our team members will be waiting for you at Arrivals in our bright orange AlpineItaly jacket. The return transfer will aim to be at Catania airport on Saturday 06th March morning by 10.30 – make sure that you book a flight that leaves enough time for you to check-in, we would recommend allowing at least 2hrs. Please let us know once you have booked your flight.
EQUIPMENT RENTAL & LOCAL INFO:
- You can rent ski touring gear locally.
- Expect to be dragged into a lively, passionate and exciting environment
- Guaranteed you’ll come back with a bunch of new Sicilian friends
- Each day our local guide will take us to some great Sicilian eateries
- I won’t lie, it will be an intense experience! Definitely one to remember.